102 votes Vote

Create TWO optional settings (Weather & Holidays) - When the program is launched let it check the weather/date and according to the forecast/holiday let it play the sounds ... i.e rain or Christmas

StarkyCat, 09.11.2011, 13:05
Idea status: under consideration

Comments

Cryo, 09.11.2011, 21:16
I'm kind of wondering why one would want to listen to rain if it already is raining. That seems kind of redundant. Should it also play the sound of crashing waves if you're near the ocean? : )
StarkyCat, 09.11.2011, 21:48
Hi Cryo, It's an optional idea to check the weather, Example: According to the forecast it will rain today but it hasn't rained yet, so when the program launches it will play the "Raining sound". As for a holiday such as Halloween, it will check the date and play a music file such as ghostly sounds. In addition, you could schedule a certain time for the program to launch (Ex. Awakening Time, according to this you'll know the weather before you get out of bed. Some people can't hear anything if the windows are shut, so this would help to know) ... Put in mind that this is a luxury optional idea. Thank You
Cryo, 11.11.2011, 06:27
Yes, yes, I figured that. : P An issue I see though is that weather forecasts are typically not all that definitive, unless you're just looking at current conditions. Sometimes they might say there's a 20% chance of rain today, and other times an 80% chance. It's difficult to say where to draw the line on whether to play rain sounds or not. And sound alone wouldn't provide you with enough information to make an informed decision on what to wear, or otherwise how to plan your day. You'd need to add an interface outlining more detailed weather information for that to be useful, which seems to be going outside the scope of what this program is designed for, which is to provide relaxing ambient sound effects. I do think it would be a pretty cool idea for a weather app to add such a feature though.

As for the option to play different themes for holidays and so on, that seems more in line with the program's focus, and a logical extension of the built-in scheduler. As it is, the scheduler lets you play audio files, shut off the computer and so on at specific dates and times, but I don't believe it allows for scheduling themes for those times. If that were added, one could put together a schedule to play various themes throughout the year.
StarkyCat, 09.11.2011, 21:47
Hi Cryo, It's an optional idea to check the weather, Example: According to the forecast it will rain today but it hasn't rained yet, so when the program launches it will play the "Raining sound". As for a holiday such as Halloween, it will check the date and play a music file such as ghostly sounds. In addition, you could schedule a certain time for the program to launch (Ex. Awakening Time, according to this you'll know the weather before you get out of bed. Some people can't hear anything if the windows are shut, so this would help to know) ... Put in mind that this is a luxury optional idea. Thank You
borninlyoko, 10.11.2011, 11:08
StarkyCat, you're a genius. I'm frankly surprised this hasn't surpassed my mp3 exportation idea. Kudos to you
StarkyCat, 10.11.2011, 19:34
Thank You so much borninlyoko, To tell you the truth I loved your idea too, I think it's Awsome ... That's why I'm not surprised :)

Leave a comment